Katherine Alexander Anderson
KATHERINE ALEXANDER ANDERSON, MBA, DACM, L.Ac. FABORM, has over 20 years experience in the healthcare industry. She is the only American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine (ABORM) board certified reproductive acupuncturist in Maine and New Hampshire. In 2016, Katherine became the President of ABORM, and is leading the organization to ensure patients worldwide receive care from the most highly skilled practitioners. This specialty board certifies Chinese medical professionals that complete fellowship training in reproductive medicine and demonstrate proficiency in western and eastern reproductive medicine and gynecology. Her additional training included an advanced fellowship in China where she worked with world-renowned reproductive specialists.
Having worked in long term and sub-acute care, assisted living services, and diagnostic laboratory clinical operations, Katherine has been on the forefront of delivering quality patient care. Nationally board certified in acupuncture and oriental medicine and having worked extensively in western medicine, Katherine understands an integrated approach to healthcare. She has dedicated her practice to reproductive issues and women’s health, in an effort to provide integrated health care services to women of all ages.
She completed her doctoral training in Chinese medicine at the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine and her master’s degree training at the New England School of Acupuncture. She is board certified in acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine (Dipl.OM) by the National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM). She obtained her Bachelor of Science degree in Health Management and a Master’s Degree in Business Administration from the University of New Hampshire.
Katherine is a PhD candidate with Shulan College and Nanjing University of Chinese Medicine and is conducting research on the effects of acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine on infertility and menstrual cycles. She is passionate in educating women about the benefits of Chinese medicine and its profound effects on their cycles and overall health.
- Doctor of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine, Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, San Diego, CA
- Master of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, New England School of Acupuncture, Newton, MA
- Master of Business Administration, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH
- Bachelor of Science, Health Management & Policy, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH
- President, American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine (ABORM)
- Board of Directors and Board Certified Fellow, American Board of Oriental Reproductive Medicine (ABORM)
- Board Certified, National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM)